test

Saturday 18 June 2011

The musings of a librarian

Personal log, Captain RoBobby McMillan,
GFCA Lead Librarian

Saturday morning, 05:06 AM, SLT. I arrive at the Library a little later than usual, because of the detour I had to take. First from my home to Deep Space 19, and then from there to the Library. After all, the Library open office has started, and as Head Librarian it's my job to be here to answer any and all questions that might arise. I can't wait to find out what kind of library challenges might arise today for me to solve!

*****

05:15 AM SLT. No challenging questions as of yet. However, I did manage to write this week's General Meeting report, put new books on the shelves of the Library Hall of Fame *and* make new coffee and tea. I'm sure that people will be eager to come by when they smell the coffee scent filling the Library!

*****

05:30 AM SLT. Nobody yet. I'm getting bored.

*****

05:40 AM SLT. Nobody yet. A piece of good news though: I cleaned up some of the exhibition frames. It's surprising how much dust they attract!



*****

05:45 AM SLT. Debbydo came in to ask a question! Figures... I had to say we didn't have that information yet. Note to self: push the rest of the Librarians harder to get the information we need!

*****

05:55 AM SLT. Sovereign just disappeared! I anxiously awaited a report from Security about aliens having stolen the entire region, while at the same time requesting information. That would be where I would step up and shine. But alas, it seemed to be some sort of natural cloaking field... nothing serious, and definitely not something people want information about.



*****

06:10 AM SLT. I've decided to expand the Library open office hour for half an hour more. I'm sure there's people out there who need information. They just need to have the time to get here!

*****

06:20 AM SLT. It's at times like these, when I have absolutely nothing to do but look at all the available information in the Library that I've read through countless of times already, that my mind starts to wonder. For example, the thought 'What would it take to let a Klingon read a funny book' just came up. I wonder if I could ask one of our allies in the Klingon Empire about this one day...

*****

06.30 AM SLT. That's it. The Library open office hour is over. A good thing too: I'm all out of tea. Note to self: stop by the replicator next week before the open office hour.

This was Captain RoBobby McMillan, GFCA Library Lead,
signing off.

4 comments:

  1. Note to medical, resupply library with plasters in case of paper cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all in a hard days work for the lead librarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, very funny - enjoyed reading this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is tea on those office hours? Why didn't you say so. Will there be cookies too?

    ReplyDelete