test

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Thousands of Candles

When i was little I was taught a quote that has stuck with me my whole life. I remember sitting in meditation class, my father at my right side my mother at my left both of them looking so peacefully and me in the middle fidgeting unable to keep still.
my father reach over and gently put his hand on my shoulder and leaned over and quietly whisper to me in my ear

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."

in an effort to calm me.
Of course at the time i had no idea what this meant however I see now that i am older what this meant and i will forever be grateful for that moment for it has taught me so much.

Anger is only the result of dissatisfaction within ourselves we find ourselves lashing out and looking around to find someone to blame someone to take away our anger and in our minds, we find ourselves unhappy and we do not know why.
We tend look without ourselves for the answers and the cure trying desperately to ease this angry and stop our confusion.
Remember that the answer has always been inside of you, you must only access it and allow yourself to be free of the anger that holds you captive.

There is peace even when peace can not be seen.
There is calm even when Anger is everywhere.
There is Happiness even when sadness consumes.
For there is a way back to peace even when you feel lost.

Do not try and live in the past it will only bring regret for things you can not change.
Do not try to live in the future it will only bring anxiety for things you have yet to even try.
Only life in this moment for this moment is the only real moment , this moment is the only true time you have.
Look around you and allow yourself to experience the moment and to be happy.

I am grateful
for the sun for it gives me light and warmth and shines down on me so i may enjoy its yellow rays.

for eyes so that i may see all the beautiful colors, so i may witness the swaying of the trees so i may see the sun.

for the breeze so i may feel its soft touch on my skin and breath in its life giving air.

for my family who takes care of me and fills me with love even when I do not show love back.

for my friends who bring me so much inspiration and joy they are worth living for.

and I am grateful to be alive that I may enjoy and love all these things.
tomorrow is a new day but right now I will live in this moment.

Be grateful for your friends and have joy in their company and remember my favorite Quote

"Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
-

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Peace and blessings to you all

2 comments: